Monday, July 4, 2011

Let's Go Geocaching!!! Part 2

Well my last post covered the first 30 caches. In this post I am also going to post about 30 caches. This time the 30 caches were all found in one day.

May long weekend was coming up and we realized that the kids had no school Friday and neither Kristen or I was working. What ever should we do with this rare occurrence? When we asked the kids what they wanted to do it was a easy answer, GO GEOCACHING! Okay, time to make plans. Where should we go? Well we decided on doing a 200+km loop north east of Trochu through Stettler and back. We left Friday morning at 10:30 with the goal of finding 20 geocaches. We stopped at geocaches all along the drive and then tackled Stettler and finished off by caching the whole way home, even in the dark. In total we drove a little over 200km, were gone over 12 hours, and found 30 geocaches!!!!! Not to mention logging 4 DNF's. Here are some pictures and stories from our day out!
 Andy taking charge and pointing the way!

If you were superman you would be able to see a geocache in this photo!

From a cache called "Man in the Tree"

 Amazingly creative!

Later in the day we go after a cache the hard way. I climbed that muddy cliff to get to a cache that I know now you can walk to from the road.

The view from the top!

Andy finding a cache in some bushes.

Ready to crack it open and find treasure.

 Brenna smiling before she realized there is a cache there. Can you see it?

There it is!

A spooky find in the dark Suitably called "Box of Bones" I highly recommend that you find it at night!

"Tell me where the cache is!"

He caved to my steely stare and told me everything he knew. Now we are best buddies.


That wrapped up our geocaching marathon. I learned a couple of things that day.
1. My kids are the best kids on the planet. They geocached all day without any trouble. I just had to keep them fed and ice creamed.
2. I don't take enough photos while I geocache.
3. Geocaching is a great family activity. We all have memories from that day and look forward to many more days of geocaching.

Well that wraps up Part 2. In Part 3 we will cover the last 40 or so geocaches to get us all caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment